Emacs Minipost Pt. 1

August 08, 2026

Emacs is a wonderful editor. It is one of those software that you should try and learn before you die! I'm not die hard fan of Emacs. Hell! I'm using other editors based and on work (i.e. Code for web development, Sublime for text writing, Notepad++ for copy-paste, nano for config edit, and few more). But, I still have soft corner for the Emacs and I use it whenever possible.

This is the first in the series of miniposts where I'm going to teach (and learning as I'm explaining to you) Emacs. Each post will be a paragraph or two long with one point. Read it, remember it, try it, and practice it!

Go ahead and install the latest version of Emacs from the official website - https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs (as of writing it is v30.2). It is available for all popular OSes. Once the installation is done, launch it, stare it, and then close. It is standalone software. So, use it in that way - no need to open in terminal. Open it from applications launcher and you're good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment